Lisa A. Greenberg, Attorney at Law
Danvers Divorce Attorney Attorney Profile Contact Us
Contact us at: 978-225-0094
Child Custody
Child Support
Contested Divorce
Guardianship of Minors
Prenuptial Agreements
Property Division
Uncontested Divorce
Why Hire a Divorce Attorney
Areas We Serve
Over 31 years of experience Click here to read our testimonials.

Danvers Divorce Lawyer

We've been helping families resolve conflict for over 34 years!

Divorce and family law issues can be complicated and difficult for individuals and their families, involving intense emotions, financial stress, and many tough decisions. Having the support and guidance of an attorney who is thoroughly knowledgeable and versed in the legal factors that can impact your life and the lives of your children can be of supreme importance. That is the service provided by Attorney Greenberg and our legal team, where we ensure that your case will be handled with the utmost care. We know how anxious or confused you may be in regards to these intensely personal matters relating to you and your family. We strive to help you through these difficult transitions with practical advice about all of the implications of each issue and the options available to you.

To learn more about how a North Shore Boston divorce lawyer can help you, please click on the highlighted areas that follow to be directed to additional pages of divorce and family law information.

Practice Areas

Contested Divorce In a contested divorce, the spouses have been unable to come to an agreement between themselves about one or more of their divorce-related issues, such as the division of marital property and debts, custody and visitation of children, or alimony. A contested divorce often leads to divorce litigation, in which the courts will decide these issues. Click here to read more about contested divorce.

Uncontested Divorce In an uncontested divorce, the spouses have reached an agreement concerning all of the surrounding issues, such as child custody, property division, and more and have had their agreement (called a Separation Agreement) written up and signed so that it can be submitted to the court. Uncontested divorces are less adversarial, less time-consuming, and less expensive. Read more about uncontested divorce.

Alimony In Massachusetts, either spouse may seek alimony from the other without regard to gender. Alimony cases are generally decided on a case-by-case basis through the courts, who now have guidelines from new laws which have been enacted. Alimony may be awarded in cases where one spouse's earning capacity is significantly lower than the other's. Courts will consider many factors in determining this issue. Read more about alimony.

Prenuptial Agreements A prenuptial agreement is a contract between couples who are about to be married which delineates how marital property, assets, and debts are to be distributed should the marriage end in divorce, death, or a separation. This type of agreement can be as simple or extensive as necessary, depending on the complications involved, such as in the cases of blended families, complicated business assets, or second or third marriages. Read more about prenuptial agreements.

Mediation Mediation is an alternate dispute resolution process in which couples work together to reach an agreement on the terms of their divorce with the help of a neutral third party. A mediator's goal is to encourage cooperation, creative problem-solving, and to focus on the issues at hand using constructive communication. Click here to read more about mediation.

Child Custody Child custody is often one of the most difficult and contentious issues in a divorce, resulting in highly emotionally-charged disputes. Understanding the various types of custody and working with an attorney who will help you negotiate a resolution or aggressively represent you in court may be a crucial part of your divorce or post-divorce process. Read more about child custody.

Child Support In the state of Massachusetts, parents are responsible for the financial support of their minor children whether married, divorced, separated, or where they have never been married. Generally, the noncustodial parent is required to pay this support to the custodial parent to help cover the child's living expenses. Click here to read more about child support.

Paternity Paternity is a legal issue in the case of a child born to unmarried parents. An unmarried mother may need child support from the child's father. An unmarried father may wish to prove or disprove his parenthood to either avoid unfair child support obligations or to exercise his legal rights to custody and visitation. Click here to read more about paternity.

Visitation Visitation refers to the rights of a parent to spend time with his or her child after a divorce or in cases where the parents were never unmarried. In cases where parents can agree on visitation, "reasonable visitation" can be arranged on a more flexible basis. In cases where parents cannot easily communicate, a visitation schedule may be necessary. Read more about visitation.

Modifications When the circumstances in your life substantially change following a divorce or paternity case, you may need to seek a modification of an existing court order in regards to child custody, visitation, child support, or alimony. Those who wish to seek such modifications or those who wish to oppose them will need legal guidance. Click here to read more about modifications.

Property Division To finalize your divorce, you will need to reach agreed-upon terms regarding how your marital property, assets, and debts will be divided and distributed. This may be a simple or complex matter where business assets, high net worth, complicated financial histories, extensive real estate, or other investments are involved. Click here to read more about property division.

Guardianship of Minors Where parents are not able to take responsibility and care of a child, a guardianship may be needed. Guardians are legally responsible for the support, welfare, health, and education of a minor under the age of 18 and may be appointed through a parent or through the courts. Temporary agents may also be appointed to care for a child for up to 60 days. Read more about guardianship of minors.

Contempt When an individual fails to comply with a court order, such as for child support, alimony, or in connection with pending divorce financial matters, or in connection with existing child custody or visitation agreements , he or she may be held in contempt of court. A contempt order from the court may result in legal penalties, such as jail time, orders to pay arrears or other financial consequences, or to comply with custody or visitation terms. Read more about contempt.

Protect Your Best Interests - Put a Qualified Divorce Attorney on Your Side

Whatever situation you may be in pertaining to your divorce or other family law matter, you should consult with one of our qualified attorneys to learn about your legal rights, responsibilities, and the options available to you. Getting the knowledge you need to make informed decisions is the first step in working towards an effective solution in any family law issue. Let us use our extensive experience and thorough understanding of the laws involved to help you move forward as smoothly as possible.

Contact a North Shore Boston divorce attorney to discuss your case today.

Lawyer Internet Marketing The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.